£40,000 - £45,000 - dependent on experience
Make Shift is a team of entrepreneurs, architects and designers who transform underused space, into amazing places that inspire community, creativity and enterprise. Our social purpose is based on empowering local people to contribute positively to the community around them.
Our first ground breaking project is Pop Brixton, delivered in partnership with Lambeth Council, that has transformed a disused car park in Brixton, South London, into a totally unique public space built with recycled shipping containers and a lot of love.
Pop Brixton opened its doors in May 2015 and is now home to a community of over 225 independent, local businesses operating from the site including restaurants, street food traders, retailers, creative startups, a number of social enterprises, a radio station and even a local barbershop. As well as being a hub for local enterprise, Pop Brixton has become a go-to destination for events and entertainment, with more than 1,100,000 guests exploring the site per year. Our event space hosts live music, theatre, cinema, Djs, Supperclubs and much more.
Following Pop Brixton’s success, Make Shift is now preparing to launch several new projects, based on the same principles. These include Peckham Levels, a scheme opening in September 2017, that will transform the iconic Peckham Town Centre car park into a new creative community for local people, artists and entrepreneurs.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Make Shift transitions to multiple ongoing projects, we are looking for an experienced and super(highly?)-organised Operations Manager to drive operational efficiency at Make Shift.
Reporting directly to the board of Directors, you will implement and maintain operating processes and policies across the group to maximize productivity within the team.
An excellent communicator and team player, you will work with individual business units and projects to establish and maintain internal project plans, tracking key milestones, actions and delivery.
Collecting data across the group, you will ensure accurate and efficient reporting of management information on a regular basis throughout the organisation. Analysing KPI’s and project programmes, you will report performance to the board and make recommendations for improvements to company-wide operations.
· Implementing and managing internal operating policies and procedures across Make Shift and each of our projects to improve operational efficiency
· Establishing internal project plans, monitoring their delivery and reporting progression to the Make Shift board.
· Key liaison with project teams to collect KPI data and compile management reports
· Analysis of project data and recommendations for improvements to the board
· Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
· 4+ years’ project management experience
· Proven experience developing, implementing and maintaining operating procedures to deliver company efficiency
· Experience collecting, managing and analysing KPI data
· Experience delivering organisational change
· Completer-finisher with a can-do attitude