HOURS: MON-FRI 9AM - 6PM
SALARY: £22k – 28k P/A – Dependent on experience
LOCATION: BRIXTON/PECKHAM LONDON
LENGTH: 3 Month Probation, to 1year contract
HOLIDAY: 25 days plus bank holidays.
You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are seeking a full-time Designer to join the team and develop creative outputs that tell the story of our sites. You will be working closely with the internal Design department, our wider Project teams and our members, curating physical space alongside digital and printed assets. You will be a multi-disciplined, self-starter with lots of initiative, excited by the prospect of working on a variety of tasks in a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The role will require the candidate to slot in very quickly, and apply their creative knowledge appropriately to the different work-streams. You will be highly enthusiastic, and willing to roll your sleeves up. Furthermore, you will need excellent presentation skills and be able to explain your design work to audiences with no creative background. The successful candidate will need a spatial and visual understanding of how designs can be actually implemented. They will have qualified in a relevant field and gained some experience working in a related role. They will have a passion for community spaces and arts and culture activities, and demonstrate a good understanding of placemaking and visual identity.
• Assisting the Design Department in developing and curating designs for spatial outputs on our sites, including way-finding systems, furnitures, and installations.
• Assisting the Design Department on a broad range of graphic design tasks, working on the production of public-facing printed and digital assets, including unique branding and marketing materials.
• Coordinating with our creative site members – including developing strong relationships.
• Managing the implementation of design work on-site, including administration of budgets, external designers and suppliers.
• Managing all design requests across platforms and projects, and creating day-to-day artworks.
• Regularly updating presentation images and project websites, including assisting in basic wire-framing.
• Day-to-day design curation and administration, including design pack formatting.
• Provide creative input across all design work-streams, and assist in design concepts.
• Relevant Degree in design field (eg. Architecture, Graphic Design, Set Design etc.)
• Very strong graphic and visual skills.
• Competency using Adobe Master suite, predominantly Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator. Other adobe software skills preferable but not required.
• Good spatial understanding, including basic competency in 2D/3D CAD.
• Hand sketching, draughting and illustration skills desirable.
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of knowledge graphic, digital and spatial design techniques.
• Out-of-the-box thinking critical
• Ability to make realistic and considered proposals, and seeing ideas through to the end.
• Excellent time management and ability to work across multiple types of tasks at once.
• Ability to work in a team and muck-in when needed.
• Proactive and able to take initiative.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience of working in a commercial/professional creative environment.
• Knowledge of key brand values and an appreciation of its aesthetics.
• Interested in being part of social change and working with a socially responsible company.
• Self-starter with initiative and aspirations for a long-term career in the creative industry.
Please submit a CV and Portfolio to email@example.com under the heading: “Make Shift – Design Recruitment”. This should demonstrate both Spatial and Visual understanding, and must be no larger than 10Mb in A3 format. There will be a further short Task set during the interview.
Closing Date: 26th February 2018
Interviews: 26th February 2018 – 09th March 2018
Start Date: March 26th 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.