HOURS: MON-FRI 9AM - 6PM
SALARY: £38,000 - £40,000 DPE
LOCATION: BRIXTON, LONDON
HOLIDAY: 25 days plus bank holidays.
You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We’re on the hunt for an outstanding Financial Planner to help empower our finance team and projects as we continue to grow. Working closely with the Finance Lead you will produce high quality financial information to enable effective decision making through the production of financial projections, analysis and project monitoring. Make Shift is at a pivotal point in its journey and robust forecasting and information is essential to support future growth. Over the longer term, should appropriate progression be achieved, the role will develop into the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis.
• Work with the Finance Lead to produce quarterly and annual budgets, long term strategic plan and other periodic forecasts for the Make Shift group.
• Work with the Finance Lead, Site Directors and Project Teams to produce quarterly and annual budgets, long term strategic plans and periodic forecasts for Make Shift’s projects.
• You will report directly to the Finance Lead, Managing Director and Make Shift’s Investors.
• Responsible for quarterly forecasting of revenue, costs, cash and net income for Make Shift and each of its projects liaising with various internal teams for assumptions.
• Responsible for updating build stage forecasts and projections working closely with the Delivery Director, QS, Site Directors and the Project Manager.
• Responsible for preparing and analysing quarterly capex spend for each of Make Shift’s projects liaising with Site Directors and Site Operations managers.
• Undertake quarterly forecast variance analysis with commentary, highlighting potential issues and making recommendations to the management team.
• Provide support to the New Opportunities team in preparing financial investment appraisals and new site pitch documents and business plans.
• Ensure tools and controls to monitor projects are maintained and followed. Suggest areas for improvements.
• Help drive efficiencies and improvements to the Group’s and Project level forecast process.
• Carry out ad hoc financial analysis and scenario modelling to assess commercial viability of transactions in a time critical manner as required.
• Work with the Project Finance teams to understand actual vs forecast variances.
• Work with the Site Directors and Project teams to help them understand their financial model and budgets.
• Liaise with and provide financial information to external auditors as required from time to time.
• Analyse project member revenue and forecast site income and growth.
• Assist with financial reporting and accounting at the Make Shift and the Project level as required from time to time especially when other members of the team are on holiday.
• You’re passionate about our social purpose and what we’re trying to do.
• You consider yourself to be an excellent financial modeler and planner who wants to learn, take on new challenges and help the people around you grow.
• You’re not scared of working on multiple projects at the same time whether that be a long term financial strategy for one of our projects, a quarterly cash flow for another or a last minute new site pitch for our Opportunities team.
• You’re analytical, logical, accurate and value attention to detail.
• You LOVE Excel.
• You’re an excellent, outgoing communicator. You will need to present complex financial information to a non-finance audience in a clear and effective way.
• You are not afraid to make tough decisions and disagree with more experienced team members.
• You have the ability to build effective relationships across our projects and within Make Shift.
• You are not afraid of mucking in and working outside your job description to help others.
• You relish a fast-paced work environment, can handle pressure and are not afraid to roll your sleeves up.
• Experience in the property industry and with Xero desirable but not essential.
• Professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA) or close to qualification.
The interview process for this role will include the following stages:
• Stage 1: Phone Interview (30 minutes)
• Stage 2: In-Person Interview (60 minutes)
• Stage 3: Final Round Presentation (45 minutes) followed by an opportunity to meet the team
*Note to candidates: You will be required to complete a task(s) during the interview process.