make shift office manager
HOURS: MON-FRI 9AM - 6PM
SALARY: £23,000 - £28,000 DPE
LOCATION: BRIXTON, LONDON
HOLIDAY: 25 days plus bank holidays.
You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We’re searching for our first ever Office Manager. This will not be your typical “Office Admin” role. You’ll be expected and encouraged to think of creative solutions, put forth your bright ideas to help us ensure the smooth running of the office and improve our company’s procedures and day-to-day operations.
You’ll join Make Shift’s small but mighty Operations team which consists of an Operations Lead and People Person, and focuses on ensuring everyone in the company is engaged and productive. While the rest of the company is out creating positive social changes for the communities in which we work, the Operations team is doing its best to create a strong internal community amongst the people who make our company so spectacular.
This is a start-up environment, so you will have to have the ability to work independently and be proactive. You must be self-organised and confident working methodically and accurately. Helping people makes you happy, as does being super-organised and getting things done. You are resourceful and comfortable making decisions and capable of communicating efficiently and effectively. You’re not only comfortable using technology, but you’ve also got great ideas on how technology can help us work more productively. You enjoy working within a team as well as with others to make great things happen!
Success in this Role Looks Like
In this role, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, which will continuously change and evolve as our company scales. However, we imagine most of your responsibilities will fall under the following key areas:
· New Joiner Welcome – You will work with our People Person to make sure every new joiner to Make Shift has an amazing on-boarding experience, which begins before they arrive on their first morning.
· Office Management – You will be responsible for purchasing supplies for the day-to-day running of the office (think tea bags, coffee, and post-its), arranging any maintenance or improvements that are deemed necessary for the office, and everything else that you think needs to be done to ensure the office is a great environment to work in!
· Business Administration – You’ll look after Make Shift’s general enquiries email account, attend meetings and take minutes when needed, help out with basic admin, such as employee expenses and holiday approval, help prepare employment contracts, look after the post and filing, sort out our e-filing system for internal documents, and so much more!
· Creating Community – We think we’ve built an amazing internal community and we want to make sure it continues to stay strong and connected. You’ll help to plan all types of fun team socials and activities, arrange birthday cards, assist with Monthly Town Hall planning, schedule Make Shift Monday Free Team Lunches, and anything else you can think up!
· Various other tasks and projects – You’ll jump in on an ad-hoc basis and support other departments as needed, ranging from assisting with Marketing related admin to supporting our Finance team.
The interview process for this role will include the following stages:
· Stage 1: Phone Interview (30 minutes)
· Stage 2: In-Person Interview (60 minutes)
· Stage 3: Final Round Presentation (60 minutes) followed by an opportunity to meet the team.
*Note to candidates: You may be required to complete a small task(s) during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.