Peckham Levels Duty Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Salary: Salary: £23,000 - £25,000, depending on experience
Holiday: 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Working hours: 40 hours minimum/week
Working days: a mixture of days and nights, midweek and on the weekends
Location: Peckham Levels
Peckham Levels aims to support local talent and enterprise, and also to create a real community asset for Peckham. We bring our members together with local people, businesses, groups and schools to share the benefits of the space.
All our members are independent businesses, mostly drawn from the local area, and all of them participate in a structured scheme of community projects. Our scheme includes a series of initiatives offering free event space, training, education and employment opportunities for Peckham’s residents. A percentage of all the project's profits will be used to create a Community Fund that invests in local businesses and social projects.
We are a small team with a start-up mentality, where everyone goes beyond the call of duty to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for talented, flexible people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and are driven by the opportunity to inspire positive social change. If you think you are the right person to help us, we’d love to hear from you.
Peckham Levels is a subsidiary of Make Shift, a company that designs, builds and manages new public destinations where communities, local entrepreneurs and independent, social businesses come together to trade, learn, grow and collaborate.
About the job:
As a key part of the on-site team at Peckham Levels you will be responsible for the site during the peak evening and weekend hours. You will be overseeing the security and cleaning teams ensuring performance targets are met and site standards are kept consistently high.
A welcoming host and ‘jack of all trades’, you will be happy to get your hands dirty, assist with all manner of cleaning and maintenance tasks and go the extra mile for visitors, members, clients and colleagues. You’ll also be assisting in the set up and running of the events and activities schedule, holding basic knowledge of technical equipment and systems.
The role requires an understanding of premises licensing and you will be responsible for ensuring health & safety, environmental health, fire and risk procedures are adhered to whilst on duty. You will have experience in crisis management and coordinating a large security team. The role also requires basic administrative skills in order to complete and file daily checklists and reports.
Taking a proactive approach to the day-to-day operations and facility upkeep across site, you will take pride in your attention to detail and continually look to improve the site’s operations to ensure a smooth-running environment for both members and visitors.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience in the hospitality, event, venue, festival or hotel industries. Basic maintenance knowledge is required, allowing you to best react to facility issues and assist the maintenance persons on site. You will need excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability/ demonstrable abilities to work alongside our internal team of security, maintenance, cleaning and events professionals.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Day to day operations, ensuring the smooth running of the site
· Assisting with site maintenance and co-ordinating security and cleaning teams
· Ensuring Peckham Levels’ policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
· Maintaining high standards for Health & Safety
· Monitoring of cleanliness, security, footfall, music, lighting, temperature, customer behaviour and all other elements contributing to the atmosphere on site
· Being the main point of contact between the visitors, site staff, tenants and Peckham Levels team
· Daily reporting to the Assistant General Manager and General Manager
· Liaising with local police, fire and environmental health organisations during site visits.
· Enforcing licencing objectives across multiple traders on site when on duty
· Acting as an ambassador and host for Peckham Levels and Make Shift
· Flexible to work any other duties needed
Skills & experience:
· 1+ years experience in hospitality, event, venue, festival or hotel industries
· Academic qualifications of GCSEs (or equivalent) or higher
· Competent in English, both written and spoken
· Administrative skills including knowledge of Word, Excel and Google Drive
· Confident in basic maintenance
Honest, reliable and hard-working
· Personal license holder
· SIA badge holder
· First aid trained
· Fire marshal trained
· Food hygiene trained
· Trained in relevant H&S courses
Please send a cover letter of no more than 300 words and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PECKHAM LEVELS DUTY MANAGER
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.