Pop Brixton Duty Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Salary: Salary: £23,000 - £25,000, depending on experience
Holiday: 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Working hours: 40 hours minimum/week
Working days: a mixture of days and nights, midweek and on the weekends
Pop Brixton aims to support local talent and enterprise, and to create a real community asset for Brixton. We bring our members together with local people, businesses, groups and schools to share the benefits of the space.
All our members are independent businesses, mostly drawn from the local area, and all of them participate in a structured scheme of community projects. Our scheme includes a series of initiatives offering free event space, training, education and employment opportunities for Peckham’s residents. A percentage of all the project's profits will be used to create a Community Fund that invests in local businesses and social projects.
We are a small team with a start-up mentality, where everyone goes beyond the call of duty to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for talented, flexible people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and are driven by the opportunity to inspire positive social change. If you think you are the right person to help us, we’d love to hear from you.
About the job:
As a key part of the on-site team at Pop Brixton you will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of the site, ensuring all our communal spaces are in excellent condition for the thousands of visitors that pass through our gates each day.
A welcoming host, you will be happy to get stuck into any task required, going the extra mile for visitors, members, clients and colleagues. You will be responsible for ensuring health & safety whilst on duty. You will be a SIA Badge holder or be prepared to become one. The role also requires basic admin skills in order to complete and file daily checklists and reports and monitor supply ordering. Basic maintenance skills are required, allowing you to fix facility issues independently and assist external contractors on larger tasks.
Reporting directly to the Assistant General Manager and General Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience in the hospitality, event, festival or hotel industries. You will need excellent communication skills and demonstrable the ability to work alongside our internal team of maintenance, cleaning and events professionals.
This is a start-up environment, so you will have to have the ability to work independently, be proactive and be comfortable making decisions and communicating effectively. You must be self-organised and will produce work to a high standard with a good eye for detail. You enjoy working within a team as well as with others to make great things happen!
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Day to day operations, ensuring the smooth running of the site
· Assisting with site maintenance and co-ordinating security and cleaning teams
· Ensuring Pop Brixton’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
· Maintaining high standards for Health & Safety
· Monitoring of cleanliness, security, footfall, music, lighting, temperature, customer behaviour and all other elements contributing to the atmosphere on site
· Being the main point of contact between the visitors, site staff, tenants and Pop Brixton team
· Daily reporting to the Assistant General Manager and General Manager
· Liaising with local police, fire and environmental health organisations during site visits.
· Enforcing licencing objectives across multiple traders on site when on duty
· Acting as an ambassador and host for Pop Brixton and Make Shift
· Flexible to work any other duties needed
Skills & experience:
· 1+ years experience in hospitality, event, venue, festival or hotel industries
· Academic qualifications of GCSEs (or equivalent) or higher
· Competent in English, both written and spoken
· Administrative skills including knowledge of Word, Excel and Google Drive
· Confident in basic maintenance
Honest, reliable and hard-working
Please note there is heavy lifting involved in this job
· Personal license holder
· SIA badge holder
· First aid trained
· Fire marshal trained
· Food hygiene trained
· Trained in relevant H&S courses
Please send a cover letter of no more than 300 words and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: POP BRIXTON DUTY MANAGER
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.